Engine sound simulation

Show your Carberry Project to the Community

Engine sound simulation

Postby JoaoB » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:27 pm

Hello,

I'm looking into Carberry to understand how dificult it is to make a engine sound simulation for my quiet diesel 1 series BMW.

The inputs that I will need are engine RPM and throtle position. Those inputs are available with the Carberry, right?
The output will be a audio jack out to be connected to the audio in input of the car.

To create the engine sound or sounds I plan to use the Sonic Pi software.

Is this possible? What is the dificulty level?

Thanks in advance.

Joao Basso
JoaoB

Re: Engine sound simulation

Postby PAOLOPED » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Hello,
herebelow your answers:

I'm looking into Carberry to understand how dificult it is to make a engine sound simulation for my quiet diesel 1 series BMW.
The inputs that I will need are engine RPM and throtle position. Those inputs are available with the Carberry, right?

Throttle and RPM should be available by OBD; this depend by car manifacturer please verify your on your car.
The output will be a audio jack out to be connected to the audio in input of the car.

To create the engine sound or sounds I plan to use the Sonic Pi software.Is this possible?

What is the dificulty level? Using Carberry require some programming knowledge, your project is not so difficult. I don’t know “Sonic Pi” so you should verify if is possible to develop a program that is able to receive data from Carberry and send commands to “Sonic Pi”.
Just for your reference please study projects Carberry web site, if you are able to understand as they work surely you are skilled to develop your idea.

thanks and let me know!, best regards
PAOLOPED

Return to My Project