Could you please give some more Information in what a user has to do to set up OBD?
Some points that I wondered about:
1. I wanted to have a look at your Applications Examples. Unfortunately there are no links in the list so i had to searchfor them by myself over your website.
Finally I found out tha all examples seem to be older than your new approach of OBD..
So no hope to get it up and running with the help of them.
2. On http://www.carberry.it/wiki/carberry:cmds:subsys:obd you differ between legacy and new approach.
(I think) I foud out that for the NEW approach some configurations on CAN has to be done before it can be used (?)
--> OBD QUERY CH1 010E
<-- ERROR - user chanel not open
After tryning around I found that 1st I have to configure CAN to user-Mode and open it:
--> CAN MODE USER
--> CAN USER OPEN CH2 AUTO
<-- Please wait for timing result
<-- . Baud rate = 500K (500Kbps)
There is no desciption that this has to be done to use the new approach of OBD.
3.I did not understand what OBD SET TXID and OBD SET RXID are supposed to do.
Could you please add some more information about them?
I dont think they are the same as the PIDs, because the new approach includes the PID in its synopsis:
OBD QUERY CH<1/2> <mode><PID>
4. I also tried out CAN PROFILE while CAN MODE was parallel:
--> CAN MODE PARALLEL
--> CAN PROFILE
Since the Mode seems not to be set I tried to set it:
--> CAN PROFILE 35 (Mazda is not implemented, Ford might be the closest)
Trying to read it back fails (?):
--> CAN PROFILE
Then i was tring to get some more Info like it is promoted on CAN PROFILE:
--> CAN PROFILE INFO
<-- NOT_YET_IMPLEMENTED - mailto:email@example.com
Because the battery of my car was getting weak I stopped seaching on for a solution in OBD.
By the way. LIN is working fine.
Ah.. Also there are some typos on your Wiki that makes it hard to unterstand what you mean. E.g.:
- OBD Subsystem: "...deprecated for new projects but continue..."
- OBD QUERY: "Placing OBD queries, a user (od users) can read values from vehicle..."
- OBD SET TXID: "The identifiers is (or identifiers are) used ..."
My Car: Mazda 6 2.0diesel 2007
While trying IGN was ON, Motor was OFF
CARBERRY HW: 1.0 / SW 1.13
any help is welcome.