raspberry pi 3

General Discussion

raspberry pi 3

Postby dhcmega » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:43 am

hi, is the actual board compatible with the rb pi 3? thanks.
dhcmega

Re: raspberry pi 3

Postby scrambles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 pm

What are you trying to do with it? If it's just reading CAN messages you don't NEED a Pi. I haven't tried with the 3 (my Pi 3 just arrived) but it theoretically should. They only added wifi / BT and upgraded the processor. The GPIO pinout should be the same, just make sure you use the latest Carbian release (Jessie compatible) and give it a shot. If it doesn't work, you can just download Raspbian and install the Carberry daemons, should work the same.
scrambles

Postby scrambles » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:17 am

dhcmega wrote:hi, is the actual board compatible with the rb pi 3? thanks.

Sorry dhcmega. I've had some issues with the Carberry and RPi 3. Looks like the Carbian OS doesn't like the RPi 3, and on top of that the Raspbian OS doesn't like serial comms on account of the native bluetooth / WiFi. I ended up having to turn off the Serial setting under raspi-config, advanced options, serial and I had to set the core_freq in the cmdline.txt to 250 to get serial comms with the RPi3 working. This is RPi3 specific though, I had no issues with RPi2 or earlier. If you want more specifics PM me.
scrambles

Postby sharpedge » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Any news on this?
If i install the daemon on a raspbian distro it should work?
sharpedge

Postby Raspicli » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Is the new Carberry Info Panel 2.0 working with a Raspberry Pi 3 ?

EDIT :I finally bought a Raspberry Pi 3 and tested it for myself. So the Raspberry Pi 3 works with Carberry and with OBD Info Panel - V2.0 - Jessie . But it doesn't work with the new Raspbian Pixel OS (I think with custom settings it must be working, but I don't know what are these settings...).

I think that you couldn't use wifi or bluethood with the Carberry. But thanks to the Raspberry Pi 3 the time boot is really fast around 10s against 30s for the Raspberry Pi B+ ! :)
Raspicli

Postby PAOLOPED » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
it doesn't work with PIXEL because we do not use graphic interface on the operative system, but the one generated by QT.
if you will read how we did the project, you'll see that we do not use the start in desktop mode, but you can recreate the same panel in HTML5 and then start it with a browser KIOSK into PIXEL.
let me know,
thanks,
best regards
PAOLOPED

Return to General Discussion