Carberry Pre Purchase Checks

General Discussion

Carberry Pre Purchase Checks

Postby joachimpr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:08 am

Hi there,

I am looking to buy carberry for my VW polo 2013 model. I have a couple of ideas for my project which are the following:

- I would like to use the stereos touch screen as well as the steering wheel buttons to control this system.
- Install OSMC media center
- Install Open Maps
- Install Amazon Echo software
- Install Home assistant

The questions that I have are the following:

1. I read on another thread that a user wanted to use the official 7" Raspberry Pi touch screen with his carberry but the suggestion was to use a touch screen with USB interface as the GPIO pins are used by carberry. Are there any car stereos which you can recommend to use that has HDMI input as well as a usb touch screen interface?

2. In terms of power management I was thinking of using the PICO ups (https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/br ... s/ups-pico). Will this work with the carberry as the pico ups passes all the GPIO pins through meaning I will be able to stack the boards.

3. Are there any of the GPIO pins which the carberry does not use? I would ideally like some of these GPIO pins to be available for use with the Home Assistant software if possible. I could solder the connections to the Carberry boards on the GPIO pins which are not being used.

Thanks in advance.
J
joachimpr

Re: Carberry Pre Purchase Checks

Postby Raspicli » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi !

1) Yes, I think that any display with a USB interface for the touch screen will work
2) I don't know about the pins... But why would you use a power management? You just have to connect the Carberry to the 12V of your car.
Raspicli

Re: Carberry Pre Purchase Checks

Postby PAOLOPED » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
please consult our wiki at this link:

connectors
raspberry Pi interface

and then please consult the pins used by Carberry that you can't use for other devices.
let me know,
thanks
best regards
PAOLOPED

Return to General Discussion