Many Questions

General Discussion

Many Questions

Postby siki » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Hey all,

I just find this project and it looks very interesting! But I have many questions before starting with Carberry :
- About the Engine parameters, do you have a full list of possibilities? Or the tab in "How the socket communication works" http://www.carberry.it/portfolio/car-engine-parameters-visualization/ is the complete list ?
- My car have more information, like average gasoil consummation, average speed etc. can I find this information with Carberry ? Can I "do it myself" or I need to wait a upgrade from you?
- With the Carberry, all the GPIO Port is used? I cannot add other devices (like button) in my Pi ?
- So, what about the new Pi model B+ ? The GPIO port change to 40 ports (26 before), Carberry is complaint with this model? It's possible to use the other GPIO port ? http://www.framboise314.fr/le-raspberry-pi-model-b-est-arrive/#Le_GPIO_du_Raspberry_Pi_Model_B
- In last, can I have a full list of compatibility car model ? I drive a Peugeot 406 (2001)...

Br,
Siki
siki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Many Questions

Postby admin » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm

siki wrote:Hey all,
- About the Engine parameters, do you have a full list of possibilities? Or the tab in "How the socket communication works" http://www.carberry.it/portfolio/car-engine-parameters-visualization/ is the complete list ?

Well it's not the complete list, but it's a list of information available in each car. In fact some different car makers have also other information in their cars but for the moment we have decided to not publish them because we have only Fiat addition information.
siki wrote: - My car have more information, like average gasoil consummation, average speed etc. can I find this information with Carberry ? Can I "do it myself" or I need to wait a upgrade from you?

For the moment it's not possibile to make it by yourself but it will be possible very soon.
siki wrote: - With the Carberry, all the GPIO Port is used? I cannot add other devices (like button) in my Pi ?

No, not all GPIO ports are used, if you need to connect other devices I can supply to you the information about what pins are free.
siki wrote: - So, what about the new Pi model B+ ? The GPIO port change to 40 ports (26 before), Carberry is complaint with this model? It's possible to use the other GPIO port ? http://www.framboise314.fr/le-raspberry-pi-model-b-est-arrive/#Le_GPIO_du_Raspberry_Pi_Model_B

At the moment Carberry is complaint only with the Model B and not Model B+, just yesterday we discussed about the possibility to make a new circuit compatible with the model B+ anyway it will not be available before September/October.

siki wrote: - In last, can I have a full list of compatibility car model ? I drive a Peugeot 406 (2001)...

Really I don't know, it's a too old car... I don't know if is already compatible with the OBD2 standard.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Many Questions

Postby siki » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 am

Ok, thanks for this information.
- About the Engine parameters, do you have a full list of possibilities? Or the tab in "How the socket communication works" http://www.carberry.it/portfolio/car-en ... alization/ is the complete list ?
==> Well it's not the complete list, but it's a list of information available in each car. In fact some different car makers have also other information in their cars but for the moment we have decided to not publish them because we have only Fiat addition information.

I have just find this today, I see that the PID code in wikiLink (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs#Mode_01) is the same that the PID code in your list. So, can I call your function ODB QUERY from my Pi (http://www.carberry.it/wiki/carberry:cmds:subsys:obd:query:mode01) and try a code in this list ? Or you have a check in the carberry board which allow only specific code defined in your list ?

- With the Carberry, all the GPIO Port is used? I cannot add other devices (like button) in my Pi ?
==> No, not all GPIO ports are used, if you need to connect other devices I can supply to you the information about what pins are free.

This is a really good information, so yes, if you can sent me the free pins please.

- In last, can I have a full list of compatibility car model ? I drive a Peugeot 406 (2001)...
==> Really I don't know, it's a too old car... I don't know if is already compatible with the OBD2 standard.

After some search on Google, I think it is OK. Maybe you can sent me one for test it :D
siki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Many Questions

Postby admin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:37 am

siki wrote:I have just find this today, I see that the PID code in wikiLink (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs#Mode_01) is the same that the PID code in your list. So, can I call your function ODB QUERY from my Pi (http://www.carberry.it/wiki/carberry:cmds:subsys:obd:query:mode01) and try a code in this list ? Or you have a check in the carberry board which allow only specific code defined in your list ?

Well this list is available in all cars equipped with OBD2 protocol. You can call all commands in order to get the information.

siki wrote:This is a really good information, so yes, if you can sent me the free pins please.

Please give me some days and I will supply it to you.


siki wrote:After some search on Google, I think it is OK. Maybe you can sent me one for test it :D

I'm sorry but we are not so interested to test a car 13 years old :D . I hope that you will understand.
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: Many Questions

Postby siki » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 am

I'm sorry but we are not so interested to test a car 13 years old :D . I hope that you will understand.

Why ? I'm so disappointed :p. yes of course I understand, but I tried :D.

Ok, I need to know how GPIO port keep free because I have some bouton to add in my project. And I need to verify if it will be compliant with my car (Carberry shield = ~3 x RaspberryPi ...) before buy one.

So, I wait your feedback about the GPIO port used.

Nota : And I thinks, it will be great If you draw the map of GPIO port used in your wiki. Because, If people know what carberry'pin is linked with each Pi'pin (like Carbrry pin 1 = +5V | Carberry pin 2 = GND ...) your product will be automatically compliant with the Pi model B+ and we don't need to wait a new shield with new design...

Thanks for your support.
siki
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:50 am

Re: Many Questions

Postby massimo.savina » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 am

Hi siki,

here http://www.carberry.it/wiki/carberry:hw ... _interface you can see the 26 header connector from Carberry side. it is a part of Carberry schematic.
As you can see, apart power supply, UART, and some GPIOs used for shutdown are free, and not used from Carberry. Also I2C is free. Connected but not used.
Match Carberry connector, with http://elinux.org/File:GPIOs.png raspberry connector and use the free gpios.

Regarding Raspberry B+, the first 26 pins of the new 40 pins gpios on Raspberry B+, are pin2pin compatible with Raspberry B, so if you can extend Carberry header with a pin strip, you can already plug your Carberry on the Raspberry B+.

Best Regards,
Massimo.
massimo.savina
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 10:32 am

Re: Many Questions

Postby nemanja » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi,

I recently buy Carberry (http://www.carberry.it/en/p/374/Carberry) with 40 pins. Can anyone help me with GPIO pins(schematic), like @siki say in the messages above, I want to use sensors and buttons in my project.

Regards,
Nemanja.
nemanja
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Many Questions

Postby nemanja » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Hello everyone,

Thanks to @massimo.savina I have a new schematic draw for new Carberry.
Attachments
Carberry GPIO.JPG
Carberry 40 pins
Carberry GPIO.JPG (77.22 KiB) Viewed 826 times
nemanja
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:06 pm


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests