LIN Bus communication is supported?

Help and Assistance requestes

LIN Bus communication is supported?

Postby fga » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:18 am

Hello team,

I've recently acquire a Carberry that I want to use in order to interact between a sensor that communicates via LIN bus and a Raspberry.
After checking the LIN bus related commands in the WIKI, I've tried the following example:

LIN OPEN MASTER1X 19200 // Configured as Master at 19200bps
>> LIN OPEN MASTER1X 19200 // Response
LIN RQ 04 // Being 0x04 the ID
>> LIN RQ 04 // Response
LIN TX C4 F9 FF FF FF // Being 0xC4 my PID and 0xF9..0xFF my 4 data bytes
>> ERROR - free mode required // Response

From the WIKI, LIN TX only works in FREE mode. So, the error is consistent. However, are the examples in the WIKI (http://www.carberry.it/wiki/carberry:cm ... ys:linopen) wrong? Where can I find further documentation?

I need to interact with a device via LIN bus, which should be the procedure to send the command: C4 F9 FF FF FF, being C4 the PID and F9..FF 4 data bytes. The Carberry must be MASTER2X. The ID is 04 but I don't know if it has or not to be sent, and how? Via LIN RQ?

Thank you,
fga

Re: LIN Bus communication is supported?

Postby fga » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:07 am

Hi,

In case some one faces a similar problem than mine, and thus, cannot communicate with the LIN bus using a Carberry... I've found a much simpler and cheaper solution. You just need to use a LIN transceiver, e.g., TJA1028 and communicate to the Raspberry via the serial.

BR,
fga

Re: LIN Bus communication is supported?

Postby AChaalane » Tue May 22, 2018 5:12 pm

You can use LIN TX in FREE mode with Carberry acting as a master (LIN TX command). What you need to do is to add an external 1K pull-up resistor to 12V on the LIN bus line, otherwise, Carberry could not act as a master.

I have tried this and it works perfectly !

Asma
AChaalane

Return to Help