Resolution Problem(Rainbow screen in HDMI)

Help and Assistance requestes

Resolution Problem(Rainbow screen in HDMI)

Postby asieraabalos » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 pm

Hello,

I put the Carbian OS 1.1 Jessie inside the Raspbian and when I power On the raspberry pi 2 b, it appears a Rainbow in my HDMI screen.

How can i solve this issue?.

My screen resolution is 1920x1200.

Now i am working with Raspbian Jessie (not Carbian) and we are working in one urgent project. That´s why i need to know what difference are between Carbian.img and Raspbian.img.

The idea is to receive some CAN messages and Read some Signals from this CAN messages with Carberry. Is it Carbian ready to do this?. Can I do this only with Raspbian Jessie?.

If only Carbian is ready to do this I need your support to solve the issue of the Rainbow screen in HDMI.

Thank you for the support.

Asier Abalos
asieraabalos

Re: Resolution Problem(Rainbow screen in HDMI)

Postby admin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:15 am

Hello Asier,
We talked by phone just few minutes ago.

First of all: with carberry you don't anymore a 5V power supplier. You need to power all system with a +12V power supplier directly from Carberry.
Carberry has also a positive ignition input that allows to switch on and off all system by putting Yellow/Blue wire to +12V.

So for the moment:
  1. Connect Red wire to +12V
  2. Connect Black wire to Ground
  3. Connect Yellow/Blue wire to +12V
In this way Carberry will start and will switch on Raspberry pi, after that you will see something on your display. If you will not see Raspbian operating system, try to connect to Raspberry by SSH.
Let me know if SSH works or not.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Resolution Problem(Rainbow screen in HDMI)

Postby skdenisetomlin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:15 pm

You can connect your raspberry pi to your tv through a wire or wireless HDMI splitter. There are plug and play HDMI switch available in the market. You can easily get one from Amazon. You can check a few reviews best wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver to select the best wireless HDMI before selecting one. Best of luck!! :D :lol:
skdenisetomlin

Return to Help