No ODB, VSS, Can etc

General Discussion

No ODB, VSS, Can etc

Postby dalamar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 pm

All,

Hi, I am looking at creating a custom dashboard to use in my car. It is a 75 and so cable-driven etc. I know I have a connector from my distributor for the tach so I should be able to wire that. I am working on converting the cable for the speedometer to an electrical output using a few things from a gauge place. If I am doing the wiring to the specific GPIO inputs on the pi, is it possible to do it this way, or will I need to convert my car to an ODB2 sensor etc? I would definitely be using a GPS sensor for a few things.

Thanks!
dalamar

Re: No ODB, VSS, Can etc

Postby bigbruns » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi
I have (almost) the same question (for a 4x4 with a basic electrical wiring without odb/can ...) : does somebody know where I can find a generic I/O interface and universal sensors (magnetic speedometer, fuel level sensors, ... ), to plug it on the carberry ?
Thanks !
bigbruns

Re: No ODB, VSS, Can etc

Postby Jewishist » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:25 pm

The service tried to install Carberry on my Alfa Romeo, but the Spaniards were not able to completely fix everything. I think it is necessary to use only very experienced electrician masters, and how you independently do a whole mystery for me. Good luck to you!
Jewishist

Return to General Discussion