Carberry Forum

Carberry Development Forum
It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 pm 

Hello,
I recently bought a new Carberry for Raspberry Pi B 2/3 and installed it on a Raspy B 3. I followed instructions on this Wiki page to configure the OS and carberry daemon: http://www.carberry.it/wiki/carberry:rp ... n_yourself
I can regularly compile carberry 1.1 daemon, but when I run it I get the following message:

Carberry Started
UART PORT will be -> /dev/ttyS0
Unable to open /dev/ttyS0
Unable to open UART port

Also when I try to connect to carberry server through Putty in Raw mode (IP_address on port 7070) I get the following error:

Network error. Connection refused!

I noticed that after around 120 seconds, the Carberry board shuts down (but I didn't install the Shutdown daemon). This happens when I use a 12V CC / 1500 mA power source in my lab and Carberry is not connected to an OBD port, nor to a working car's CAN bus. Power connection uses +12V red and GND black wires on Carberry connector pins 1 and 2. No other pin is connected.

Unfortunately I can't tell you which firmware version I have, because by now I didn't get working my Carberry board.

Please, someone can help me find a solution to make my Carberry work as lab machine, and also to work for the first time?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 am 

Ciao,
scusa per il ritardo nella replica.
I tecnici mi hanno informato del fatto che è la Raspberry 3 che è stata modificata nel software, è stata tolta l'immagine ttyS0 dal Jessie e dunque stiamo facendo degli aggiornamenti del Carberry affinchè le due board possano tornare a parlarsi.

Ti prego di aver pazienza fino a che il problema sarà risolto così da poter aggiornare il tuo Carberry all'ultima versione,
grazie, ciao

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 pm 

Dear all,

I am facing the same problem. I am using Carbian OS which I bought together with Carberry. It shuts down few seconds after I connect the Carberry board to the 12V DC power supplier of the Lab. My Carberry is not connected to an OBD port, it is only connected to the +12V red and GND black wires on Carberry connector pins 1 and 2 with the DC power supplier. No other pin is connected.
Did you manage a solution to this problem ?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:31 pm 

Problem fixed by connecting the blue/yellow wire of ignition input signal to 12V DC supplier.